Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day and Singleness :)

There was a time when I would get excited about Valentine's Day. I guess those days have far gone. I have nothing against the day, but sometimes it kinda makes things difficult for us singles. I don't regret being single as of now and happy that I am working and have the freedom to do things. But I get reminded of my "Single Status" more on this given day.

I know that  its more of a commercial thing, and that you don't need a day to celebrate love. But every year I hope that- ok maybe next year I will have someone in my life. I guess this year it will just have to pass...again. I am definitely learning to be content in this long season of singleness. But it is a good place to be, coz the grass always looks greener on the other side and tomorrow when I do have a guy in my life, I don't want to be looking back on these years and wishing I could go back in time.

So I still have plans for today - with all my single girlfriends, and that is not too bad in itself as well :)

No comments: