Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Travails of Travel

Thanks to my inability to ride a bike or drive a car, I have always been dependent on the public transport. Buses in Pune are not a fun mode of transportation. There are no rush hours-I call them as rush day-coz the buses are packed at 6:30 in the morning too(Trust me I have seen them at that time)

As far as memory serves me right using the public transport has always been a continuous trial, and the Lord has allowed it. Every time I start feeling a little good about myself, God sovereignly throws in a  crowded bus ride to work or a cheating( meter) rickshaw guy. Yeah then I can see my sin even more clearly.

I remember struggling with an abusive tongue for the longest time while taking the buses and then realized I cant be singing praises to God  and yelling at the bus driver( for not stopping the bus) with the same mouth.

Something that helped was listening to Christian songs while I travel. That helped me focus on things  that are more important than these passing phases of life. I remember a friend of mine telling me that its not just what comes out of your mouth, but God is also concerned with your heart attitude.

So the situation as regards the travel has not changed, but God has helped in having a better attitude towards it :)

No comments: