Sunday, December 1, 2013

Multilingual


Growing up I never liked school. Studying, exams, Math were some of my least favorite things. Something that I would really loathe, was having to learning different languages. English was anyways the first language( I had no issues with English). Hindi being the national language became a compulsory subject ( I was ok with that as well, as i enjoyed Hindi :) The academic rules changed after a few years and they made Marathi as a compulsory third language .This one I struggled with:( 

I did not understand the purpose of learning so many languages at that time (well I did not know about the sovereignty of the Lord ;) Fast forward 20 years in the future. Here I am sitting at church singing songs in English, Hindi and Marathi able to understand what the Lord has done for me in 3 different languages :) I think today was when I thanked the Lord for those times in school :)

1 comment:

Naiesha said...

I never think of that. To sing to the Lord in different languages! Hmm...