Tuesday, November 26, 2013

How tourists view India

I have no issues with tourists coming to India and travelling around the country. Its good to visit places and learn about different cultures and know how people live, eat and stay in another part of the world. Something I believe every person should do before visiting any country is a little bit of research. I am not saying that you will come to know all a country has to offer, but at least you will have a fair idea of what to expect.

Most of the people who come to India expect to see poverty – like everywhere. I know India is a developing country and might not be in par with the well developed nations, but that does not mean that we are below the poverty line.They think they might contract some fatal disease the moment they step into the country. If I were to visit a developed nation, for example say the US I could also come down with some illness, and that is could be because of the change of weather, food, water etc.

Something that irks me the most are the photographs they put up online of poor people, slums etc.. Its like every place they visit is down trodden. ( and I am sure every county has its share of homeless people on their streets) Each country has its own shortcomings, but I do know that there are some amazing places that you can visit here, great variety of food you can taste and experience a wonderful blend of different cultures-all in one place.

I am not venting out my frustrations, but just trying to say that India is quite well advanced about a lot of things, its just up to you,as  what you want to take back home. 

No comments: