Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It Could Have Happened to Me..

There are quite a few times that my friend drops me home after work. Today was one of those days. Even though its supposed to be summer.. it rained today..you can call that global warming if you like.

So as we riding back home through the usual route, we came to a part where everyone was slowing down. We saw a few people throw mud on the road and could not figure out what exactly was going on. As we continued riding,suddenly the guy riding in front of us skid and fell on the side of the road.

It all happened so fast that we actually did not know what to do. As we stopped to the side, we realized that there was an oil spill on that entire stretch of road.Fortunately the guy had worn a helmet, so he was saved, he definitely was bruised pretty bad though. We later found out that there were four accidents on the same road at that time.

I felt God's protective hand over me today more than any other day. I think I take it for granted how many times I have been out and come back home safely. Even though I had a harrowing time getting back home because of the sudden downpour and my rickshaw breaking down due to the water logging- I reached home in one piece.

I praise God for his protection and will not take it for granted. Now to go and buy myself a helmet for all my future rides on  a bike :P

No comments: