Wednesday, October 2, 2013

God is in Control



The past couple of weeks have had its share of ups and downs. There were moments where I could not stop crying..moments of joy when I just looked around me and thanked the Lord for friends and times when I could not make sense of things happening in my life.

But in all of this something that I knew was that God was in complete control. I don't mean to use the term flippantly and be insensitive to someone when they are goin through a tough time. But those days when I really could not figure out why things were going the way they were, the only comforting thought was that my God is good and He has His best interest in mind for me. 

One of the verses that came to my mind from the bible was from  Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

That encouraged me to get my focus back on Christ and not dwell on the situations around me :)

2 comments:

Naiesha said...

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. His word gives me hope.

Caroline Kaunds said...

Yussss :)