Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Lil Bit of Perspective...

I take the public transport to work.Usually its a bus or a sharing rickshaw ( what ever comes first). They are the cheapest mode of transportation than taking a private rickshaw, which would cost you 3 times. 

At that point I still was quite ungrateful for the sharing ricks and argued with them if when they would charge me 5-10 bucks more.

Couple of months back I had a surgery and could not take the bus to work and hence HAD to take the private rickshaws. This obviously cost me a bomb. My expenses on travel went from 50 bucks to 200 bucks a day. I had no choice as my health did not permit me to take the bus.

The fare for the rickshaws just got hiked yesterday, which increased my woes.. So today I thought, let me just wait and see if I can get the sharing rick, which I did. The guy was quite adamant and said "Madam it will be 25 rupees" I was thinking in my head ( Fella if you would even say 50 rupees I would have said yes, as it would still be less than the whopping 100 rupees I spend one way)... Its funny how a lil bit of perspective can change the way we look at things...

2 comments:

Naiesha said...

Hahaha....True...So back to bumpy rides in the bus! i think it will be fun.

Caroline Kaunds said...

i think the rides in the bus ain that bumpy now :P