Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Where are the smart guys???

This is one question I’ve been asking my sister for quite some time now… Well if you are living in India then this definitely is a very important question to most of the girls here… As the tradition goes if ur around my age (ie 24) or anywhere close to that age then its the time for shaadi…(wat did u think I’d say, it’s the time to disco??? Hee hee) and it really bothers me coz m not against marriage or anything… but if m gonna be spending the rest of my life with a guy, he better be a sensible one… my parents have come a long way and have stopped bugging my sis and I to get married… and they are pretty cool about us getting married to guys of are own choice… now many of you must be thinking, wow that’s so cool… “guys of ur own choice, no pressure to get married soon”… but it ain't all that simple… Let me explain why:

For me there are 3 categories in guys: 1) The good lookin ones 2) the Intelligent ones 3) The Intelligent and good lookin ones (the third category being very rare)… as a teenager I was always attracted to category No 1. Then realized they are the dumb kind and can talk of only how big their biceps are (and thus reveal how small their IQ is)… and they are the worst in the category. You cannot strike a conversation with them.
Category no 2. are the ones who believe that as long as you are extremely intelligent that’s more than enough. You don’t need to take care of your looks, or social skills( basically anything apart from books or work) these are the prideful ones who think no end of themselves, and consider everyone else inferior…

Well now we come to my favourite and the rare kind, category no 3. These are the ones who are totally chilled out about everythin… they are intelligent, yet they don’t boast about it… have generally good social skills… they are extremely comfortable with the opposite sex.. and they look decent enough to the eyes… m glad that I have a few friends of the category no3… and it’s a blessing to be around them…I have always had great conversations over coffee, good time spend together in groups and great fun in general. They are the ones who are not insecure of their friendships… and that's good… it’s a tragedy though that the society is filled with more of the category no 1& 2… the 3rd kind are usually your good friends.. or they are already taken

2 comments:

Naiesha said...

Had fun reading it...heeeheee A tormented qs "where are the gud guys?" Like u said the world is filled with category 1 and 2 alone. And category 3 is a rarity..What a pity!!!

Good things will come in its time.....till then njoy watching the other guys goof up in life...

Caroline Kaunds said...

seriously ya.. have had enough of the idiots around me...waitin when the good days will come..