Sunday, January 12, 2014

To Remember Who sits on the Throne

Something that has been coming back to me recently is God's absolute control over every single situation. There are times when I do forget this truth and get so bogged down by things around me that I tend to lose focus on Christ. Justice is something I have been struggling with lately.

There were times in the past few months where it seemed that people who did wrong were getting away with it.That's when I really had to come under His word and turn to His truth and remember that God is just and no one gets away with doing wrong. It might seem at the moment that the wicked have victory over the righteous, but that is not so. I love how the Psalmist puts it in  Psalm 37 :1-2

 Fret not yourself because of evildoers;
be not envious of wrongdoers!
For they will soon fade like the grass
and wither like the green herb.

Later on in the Psalm ( vs 5-6) he encourages us to commit our ways to the Lord

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.

Most of the time  I want to take matters into my own hand forgetting my Lord and Master is still alive and on the Throne and He does have things under control. I need to continually focus on His attributes and His promises and rest in  them.

No comments: