Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Child Within


Today after a long long time I had fun. I am not talking about the usual  weekend unwinding. The joy of doing things that give you simple pleasures in life. This is the  first time I had gone for a CSR activity in my company. I was not sure how I was gonna be of any use as I am not super creative and we were going for a clay modelling workshop with the orphans at a school.

I realized you don't need to have skills to go help, you just need to be willing to go. These kids were happy just to see us and play simple games. We did make some stuff out of the clay.They were not great but we had a whole lot of fun doing it!

It was good to take a break and get out of our closed cubicles, and do something for others. It also made me realize how blessed I am, and that I need to stop complaining about trivial things. So I did take part in making something ( my friend made it and we painted it ;) 

Here are the masterpieces!!! ;)

The Kachua & 
 The Mushroom :D

Photo credit: Nidhi Tracy

No comments: