Monday, March 24, 2008

Kudos to Women who wear Saree to work everyday!!

As an Indian woman i know that she looks most elegant only in a saree... its ok if u have to wear it for functions n weddings..but when it comes to work i wud say its a big no no...today at my work place we all ladies decided to wear saree as it is the inauguration of the week long annual function in the college(i Work in MIT Design coll)..i had a time gettin ready this mornin.. i mean it takes me just ten mins to dress up but today it was like 45 mins ya..sheesh..i wud really like to meet the person who invented this strange way of wrappin a long piece of cloth around u..wat was the person's motivation- inconvenience??? but i guess its a good experience, just tryin to juggle around with two bags on ur shoulder,a bottle in ur hand n tryin to reach ur pick up point in the mornin on a really busy road..hats off to my mum who wore saree practically every single day to work...

2 comments:

Naiesha said...

Kudos to u too!!! the fact that u wear a saree in the day and age of t-shirts and jeans is courageous!!! A sari is not my cup of tea....

Sim Talk said...

Hey... I love to wear sarees...provided my mom drapes it for me, she is an expert at that. Yess...but at work, as much as it looks elegant, you will go mad managing it n sitting prim n proper on your chair :-)