Thursday, October 9, 2014

Book Review: 8:28

eighttwentyeight

I usually don't do book reviews.And the very few that I have done,have  probably had an impact on me. One such book that I read recently was Ian and Larissa's 'Eight Twenty Eight'. I have been following their blog Ian & Larissa for a while now and when I can came to know that they are going to publish a book I knew I had to get a copy.

In a day and age where the true meaning of love is so adulterated, it was good to read Larissa's account of how she continued to love the man she was dating after he met with a really bad car accident. Something that comes out very clearly from the book is that on our own, we cannot love someone unconditionally. It is because we have experienced Christ's love in our life- be it his sacrifice on the cross, or that he came down on the earth to save vile sinners like us or the daily grace and mercy we experience.

What I really liked about the book is that she was very honest about how she felt during the trials. Personally and as a family we went through a similar trial recently, and the comfort that i could draw from her experience, was that it is normal to feel tired and angry and sad. But at the same time not to wallow in it too much, as we have Christ as our sympathetic high priest.

I was encouraged that in a day and age where people divorce and break up for trivial reasons, they both persevered post his accident and even got married :)I would encourage you to read this book, but be warned there shall be many tears even as you read it- tears of sorrow and tears of joy as well :)

No comments: