Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I got a Rock

Someone I know was sharing about her life where at one point she felt that all she got was a rock (this is in reference to the statement made by Charlie Brown in one of the Peanuts cartoon, where they all go trick or treating on Halloween and everyone gets candy and Charlie Brown gets a rock)

I could relate to what my friend was sharing. I feel like everyone else seems to be getting candy bars and I got a rock. Life has just being throwing things at me one after the other where I have come to point that I am not even surprised.

Last year was just absolutely crazy and the past couple of months have not been easy either. Just when things seemed to get back to routine an old knee injury of mine came back and it possibly is a case of dislocation and weakened ligaments.

In all of these interruptions and interventions, I am trying really hard to keep my focus on the truth, and that comes only from the Word of God. I know this is a difficult season for me- be it my job, friendships, singleness or the more pressing matter, the state of my knee.But a midst all of this I have to drive it into my head that God is sovereign and in complete control and He is working in my life in a way that will draw me closer to him.

No comments: